Vocational Habilitation and Adult Day Services
Our day service program offers a variety of job opportunities and work duties for individuals who join our team and are hired as employees. Work opportunities can be combined and suited for each individual’s personal needs and wants. We will assist each member of our team by offering all of the professional, work related prompts necessary in order for each one to succeed in his or her stage of work place development. The following are the descriptions of our many work area opportunities.
- “Plarn” Production: (Plarn - plastic yarn) Plastic bags are sorted, measured, cut, joined and rolled into plarn balls. These are then taken to various local churches who knit them into blankets for this in need.
Housekeeping Duties: Various office cleaning jobs are rotated on a daily or as needed basis. These may include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, stocking, trash removal, windows, etc. Verbal and physical assistance is provided on an individual basis.
- Recycling: In addition to the reuse of plastic bags to produce plarn, we also work with our individual team members in recycling paper, cans and glass which we take to appropriate community outlets.
- Outdoor Groundskeeping: Duties to maintain the appearance of our building and properties include lawn maintenance, trimming, mulching, weeding, parking lot attention, leaf blowing, sidewalk sweeping, light snow clearing, etc. Individuals who are able may volunteer to perform these various duties with staff assistance.
- Seasonal Crafts: Team individuals are involved with the production of seasonal crafts and goods which are then sold in the Java Plus shop to the community. The products are themed for holidays, sports, birthdays, pets, etc., and make perfect gifts. We have recently added ceramics to our list. Team members will work in the production of molding, painting, and baking ceramics in our own kiln.
- Vehicle maintenance: Duties here may include the exterior and interior cleaning of company vehicles. Also included, could be assistance with such basic vehicle needs as fluid checks and refills, oil changes, tire check, etc. Team individuals would work under the direction of staff.
With such a variety of job duties and community exposure, we are unique among other Adult Day Programs. We look forward to assisting you in your journey toward meaningful employment by joining our team as we “Reach Goals Together.”